On behalf of Marcfirst in Normal, IL, Adkisson Search is seeking a Full-Time Finance Manager to support the organization’s accounting and finance operations. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with exceptional communication and strong leadership skills. This is a new position within the organization due to growth and will be tasked with building robust accounting and financial reporting functions alongside the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package with generous paid time off benefits, you will find the work environment at Marcfirst to be friendly, respectful and supportive.
Marcfirst’s mission is to connect families and people with developmental disabilities to their community through a lifetime. Marcfirst provides a continuum of services and support for families, children and adults throughout their lifetime including residential, vocational development, employment, high school transition, and therapeutic support for children. Marcfirst envisions a community that encourages and accepts all people.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA preferred not required
• 4 to 6 years of related field experience, 1-3 years supervisory experience
• Non-profit and/or medical accounting experience preferred, but not required
• Solid understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and advanced knowledge of Excel
• Excellent knowledge and experience with accounting software and databases
• Hands-on and collaborative management style
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
• Willingness to approach responsibilities with a sense of ownership and pride in how performance impacts the company’s success
• Ability to successfully pass required background checks and drug testing
For further consideration, please contact Adkisson Search.